Did you know that well-designed classrooms have a significant influence on academic performance? Studies have found that improved physical characteristics of classrooms can boost the learning outcomes of students.
- SHARE THIS
The planning phase
- Planning began in 2011
- The installation started November 5, 2012 and was completed November 19, 2012
- The construction group included Architects Origo Arkitekter, contractors Temacus AB, installers HMP Entreprenad r and the building owners, Huges Fastigheter AB
- Leading the project was Åsa Machado and Leontina Barreto of Origo Arkitekter
- The installation was led by Harri Poulakka of HMP Entreprenad
The product solution
- 4 rows of VELUX Modular Skylights in northlight configuration
- 89 fixed modules of 900 mm x 1700 mm
- 8 fixed modules of 597 mm x 1700 mm
- 7 venting modules of 900 mm x 1700 mm
- 62° roof pitch
Hessenwald School in Weiterstadt, Germany, is an example of energy-efficient, contemporary architecture that offers a new teaching and pedagogical model. At the centre of both model and building stands a well-lit and well-ventilated three-storey atrium.
Ryparken Lille Skole (literally "Ryparken little school") is situated in a century-old former textile factory in Copenhagen. For years the school and its inhabitants suffered from the building’s decrepit conditions, until in the early 2010s, the school board decided to start a major renovation project.